Monday, June 10, 2013

Day Two: First Full Day of Work
How did I sleep? Well I am glad you asked. I discovered an inalienable truth. Feetie pajamas are not a good idea when it is freezing outside and outside is where you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I thought they would be warmer, because they are all one and you have all the body heat being insulated inside, but it is quite the contrary. You have to unzip the whole thing to go to the bathroom, so you let all that heat ou….well you get the idea. I repeat, FEETIE PAJAMAS ARE NOT A GOOD IDEA WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO STAY WARM. Other than that I slept fairly well for being in a new, cold place.

We started the day off at 6:30am. I geared up for my day of hard work, dogs, plants, and blood sucking insects (see outfit below for prevention details). My first job of the day was to strap a harness around my waste and take sled dogs for a walk. Ha! Sled dogs! Does this woman know how much I weigh? Alright well, I am in it to win it and I will try almost anything once.  All I can say is that it is a good thing I snuck a snack and some vitamins when I woke up this morning, despite Kathleen reassuring us we would get breakfast after we were done with the dogs. Radical Reina does not take any chances when it comes to food.

The second job of the day was cleaning out the 30 dog houses and refurnishing them with some hay beds. After this rewarding task, Dave came over to help us do demolition on one green house and reconstruct another. We then ate lunch and went back to our demolition site to plant some tomatoes and peppers.
All in all, it was a good day. I am sore, but I helped and I am learning new things every second.

Quotes of the Day:

Alicia[as some things fell down the back of my shirt]: “Woops sorry Radical Reina!”
Radical Reina: “Oh wow! Did you just spill chicken manure down my shirt?”
Alicia: “Uh! Yes I think so.”
Radical Reina: “Minnesota Nice!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RR: “So where did you meet Kathleen?”
Dave: “I put out an ad in the paper saying that I had a hot tub and wanted a lady to share it with. “
RR: “Oh nice!”
Dave: “Oh don’t worry you will be coming over too. I will have you guys all over for a dip.”
RR [thinks to herself]: “ Yeahhh riiiight!”

Exhaustedly Yours,
Radical Reina

P.S. NO FEETIE PJS TONIGHT!!!



















1 comment: